The streets and reserves of Castlecrag were named by Walter Burley Griffin and Marion Mahoney Griffin in the 1930s. The names reflect the components of a castle: a cortile is a courtyard, usually internal, and in this reserve, refers to its location being surrounded by dwellings. The land was given to Council by Griffin’s company, the Greater Sydney Development Association Ltd in 1940.

Download group KML